mochaloca

100 Days Left in China – New Plan, New Life

Lesezeit: 2 Minuten

I’ve been thinking about my future a lot lately. Especially since Jeongsu and I got engaged. I changed my “near future” plans. I had planned to stay in Changsha for about 2 years and then take the next step. However, I decided to move on more quickly. In about 100 days, I will be leaving Changsha and China and embark on a new journey. I have decided to move to Korea and be with Jeongsu.

Moving To Korea

I changed my current situation here in Changsha and now work full-time as an English teacher at an English academy.

I made this choice because it will be a lot easier to set foot in Korea and build up a career.

Since I am not fluent in Korea (yet), I decided to work as an English teacher in Korea first. The salary is much better than in China and I really enjoy teaching also.

In order for me to go to Korea, I need two documents for the working visa: an FBI background check and a university diploma, both with an international apostille stamp which acknowledges it’s validity abroad. These documents take a lot of time. Especially the background check, which can take up to 3 months. At the same time, I am getting my TEFL Teaching Certification.

It just makes sense for me to go and be with my fiance at this point.

We’ve been in a long-distance relationship for almost 1 year now and I feel like it’s enough. It’s been hard and we need to be together now. Also, I don’t need to be in China and can find work in Korea so there’s no point for me to stay here any longer.

blogging-336376_640

Until I Leave

There are still some things I need and want to do before I leave China.

I will be gathering experience as a full-time English teacher and getting my TEFL certificate. I also want to travel a little bit through China to places such as Qingdao, Suzhou, Hangzhou as well as Yunnan.

I’m excited about moving to Korea and being able to meet Jeongsu whenever I want to but at the same time I will be leaving with a sad eye.

I’ve come to really like living in Changsha and met a lot of great friends here who I will miss dearly. However, it feels like the right thing to do and new adventures are waiting for me. Stay tuned.

What’s your next adventure?

Linda

Linda has been living in Asia since 2012 and loves sharing her travel and life experiences on her website. She currently works remotely in Online Marketing and also teaches various English classes in South Korea.

13 Kommentare

1. Veröffentlich von myhongkonghusband.com am Januar 22, 2015 um 6:37 am

my next adventure is still a secret :3 but I’m so happy for you! 🙂

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 22, 2015 um 6:41 am

uuuuh, tell me in private, ok? 😛

2. Veröffentlich von Sara Jaaksola am Januar 22, 2015 um 10:08 am

What an exciting news! I’m really so happy for the both of you 🙂

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 22, 2015 um 10:15 am

thank you Sara! <3

3. Veröffentlich von CL Lok am Januar 22, 2015 um 1:14 pm

You’re absolutely right. You’re gonna start over anyway, might as well start over sooner than later. Korea is so close to China, you can always go back for travel and vacation anytime! 😉

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 22, 2015 um 1:52 pm

Thanks CL! Exactly what I’m thinking!

4. Veröffentlich von Leona am Januar 22, 2015 um 4:13 pm

Good luck for your transition, make the most of your remaining time in China. Will your blog be changing its name?

5. Veröffentlich von Suigetsu am Januar 25, 2015 um 1:41 am

Good luck with your transition to Korea… And ditto what Leona said:
    when can we expect “Linda Living in Korea” to make its appearance?

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 25, 2015 um 3:18 am

hahaha Thanks! I’m still thinking about the name change!

6. Veröffentlich von Timo am Januar 25, 2015 um 1:47 pm

All the best for the transition. I bet it will bring a lot of new material to write about 🙂

The sad thing about leaving a place behind you have stayed so long at are the friends. Some you will maintain contact with but others will drop off you radar

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 26, 2015 um 7:17 am

Thank you Timo! Yes, definitely true, but it shows you who are the real friends!

7. Veröffentlich von Jocelyn Eikenburg am Januar 25, 2015 um 2:48 pm

It sounds like you’ve made the right decision Linda. I think it’s wonderful you and Jeongsu can be together soon. In the meantime, I look forward to when you come to Hangzhou and we can finally meet! Wish you wonderful travels!

• Veröffentlich von Linda am Januar 26, 2015 um 7:17 am

yay! Thank you Jocelyn! So do you have time when I will be there? Can’t wait to meet you! You are an inspiration!

Kommentar verfassen

Diese Website verwendet Akismet, um Spam zu reduzieren. Erfahre mehr darüber, wie deine Kommentardaten verarbeitet werden.

That's Me